- Developed smart-room prototype to mitigate the effects of environmental hypersensitivity in children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Taught month-long seminar on smart-building technologies at MIT.
- Cultivated advanced knowledge of sensing and data analysis methodologies for the built environment as a researcher at Princeton University.
- Lead System Integrator on NASA 3D Printed Habitat Challenge winning team.
- 3 years of environmental quality, sustainability & human comfort research, concurrent with 3 years of software development experience and 2+ years of hardware prototyping experience.
Bachelor of Architectural Studies
University of Waterloo
Honours, Co-op, with Distinction
University of Waterloo
IoT Developer: Smart Building Specialist
(September 2017 - present)
- Executed $100K grant to develop smart-room prototype to mitigate environmental sensitivities in children with ASD.
- Combined environmental data and physiological data to assess effects of environmental modifications.
- Manage technical team; set budgets and schedules.
- Co-authored industry guidebook for Smart Building tech.
- Won NASA 3D Printed Habitat Challenge; led system integration of building scale 3D printing equipment.
- Co-taught classes on the history, planning, and construction of smart-buildings.
- Taught essential software and electrical engineering needed to build IoT project; Cloud enabled I/O device.
Sensor Developer + Researcher
Princeton University - C.H.A.O.S. Lab
(Jan. - August 2017)
- Developed sensor network for measuring air quality.
- Built data acquisition infrastructure.
- Equipped sustainability pavilion with devices to provide feedback on the levels of energy being harvested on site.
- Delivered sensing solutions for research projects in the lab. - Carried out data analysis and published findings.
(May - Aug. 2016)
(Sept. - Dec. 2015)
- Developed methodology and ran pilot Post Occupancy Evaluation of urban hospital’s Emergency Department.
- Studied thermal performance of green-roof assemblies through analysis of soil and interior temperatures coupled with weather conditions.
- Tested, designed, procured, and fabricated experimental tools and measuring devices.
Data Collection + Analysis
TimeScaleDB, InfluxDB, Pandas (python), Excel
D3 (JS), Matplotlib (python), Grafana, Power BI
Low Power: Eagle, PCB milling, PCB printing (Voltera), hand & reflow soldering
Automation: BMS, PIDs, PLCs, Relays, Power Budgeting, Wiring Plans
Design: Fusion, Rhino, Grasshopper
Fab: 3D printing, CNC routing, laser cutting, wood working
"SMART Technology for High-Rise Buildings". Council For Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat. 2019.
“Development of a Novel Emergency Department Mapping Tool.” Health Environments Research and Design Journal. 2019.
“Sensing of Indoor Air Quality—Characterization of Spatial and Temporal Pollutant Evolution Through Distributed Sensing.” Frontiers in Built Environment 4. 2018.
“Examining Architectural Air and Temperature with Novel Sensing Techniques.” Energy Procedia, CISBAT. 2017.
“Exploring Potentialities of Energy-Connected Buildings: Performance Assessment of an Innovative Low-Exergy Design Concept for a Building Heating Supply System.” Energy Procedia, CISBAT. 2017.